别假装神圣
2014-12-17来源:

1. Kudos, man.

行啊,你小子。

2. You sound sanctimonious.

别假装神圣。

3. She’s meek and mild.

她很温柔。

4. You must have the Midas touch.

你真是太会赚钱了。

►the Midas touch 点石成金,赚大钱的本领

在希腊神话中,Midas是具有点石成金魔力的传奇人物

5. Everything will fall into place.

一切都会迎刃而解。

►fall into place (开始)形成有条不紊、一目了然的格局,变得有条不紊(或清清楚楚)

e.g. Once I knew he had a thing for her, everything fell into place. 知道他对她有意思,我才终于恍然大悟。

Cos when I look at my life (因为当我回顾一生)

How the pieces fall into place (生命的片段逐渐被理解)

It just wouldn't rhyme without you (但是没有了你,我的生命则不再律动)

6. There’s no point in beating your chest.

捶胸顿足有什么用?

►beat one's chest 捶胸顿足

7. I’m going to up the ante.

我准备加大赌注。

►up the ante 提价;增加赌注;提更多的要求

8. Little headway has been made.

还没什么进展。

9. You should take criticism in your stride.

你得对批评刀枪不入。

►take something in one's stride 从容(或轻易)地对付某事,毫不费力地做某事

10. A bunch of Philistines.

一帮俗人!

更多信息请查看口语交际

推荐信息
Baidu
map