散发着自信
2014-12-17来源:

1. You’re given a raw deal.

对你太不公平了。

►raw deal 苛待;不公平的待遇

2. I just know her by name.

我知道她,但没打过交道。

►by name 名叫...

I met a man, Jack by name. 我遇到一个名叫杰克的人。

与know连用,know...by name 只知其名

再来记个容易混淆的词 in name 名义上,徒有虚名

e.g. He is a teacher in name, but he works in the office all day. 他名义上是个教师,可他整天在办公室工作。

3. You’re only his cat’s paw.

你只是他的工具而已。

►cat's paw 傀儡;受人利用者,给人当工具的人

有一个童话故事是讲,一只猴子骗猫,让猫为它取出火里的烤栗子。结果猴子美餐一顿,可怜的猫爪却被烫满了水泡。猫爪就成了为他人火中取栗的牺牲品。

4. I’ve got knots in my stomach.

我心里疙疙瘩瘩的。

5. A guy heckled me.

一个家伙搅我的局。

6. He sent me profuse apologies.

他反复道歉。

7. Then I had a brainstorm.

突然我灵机一动。

8. Music can be a mood enhancer.

音乐使人精神好。

9. She exudes confidence.

她浑身散发着自信。

10. So you get the best of both worlds.

这样岂不两全其美?

►get/make the best of both worlds 两全其美

更多信息请查看口语交际

推荐信息
Baidu
map