口语交际:正大光明 Above board
2017-11-22来源:

A:Whatever we do , we should do it above board.

不管我们做什么,我们都应该正大光明。

B:You are right. We shouldn't do anything under the table.

你说得对,我们不应该偷偷摸摸地做事。

A:Well, since you agree with me, we should put the issue above board instead of talking about through other channels.

那好,既然你同意我的说法,我们就把事情摆在桌面上来,而不是通过其他什么方式对此进行讨论。

注释:

1.under the table 秘密交易的 (暗中进行的, 不法的)

Eg. Jesse gave money under the table to get the apartment.

杰西悄悄花钱弄到一套房间。

2.agree with sb 同意某人的观点、想法

Eg. I entirely agree with you.

我完全同意你的看法。

3.He tends to get angry when people do not agree with him.

他听到不同意见时,总是不高兴.

Eg. I agree with you, but with some reservations.

我同意你,不过有几点要保留。

4.put the issue above board 把事情放在桌面上来谈;公开地谈这个问题

5.instead of 而不是;代替

Eg. The economy is shrinking instead of growing.

经济正在萎缩而不是在增长中。

推荐信息
Baidu
map