口语入门:你看过这则报道了吗? Have You Seen This?
2017-11-08来源:

A:Have you seen this?

你看过这则报道了吗?

B:What?

什么?

A:They killed another hostage.

他们又杀了一个人质。

B:Oh, how awful. What a terrible thing to do.

噢,太可怕了。这种事真令人发指。

A:I agree completely. I just don't understand what's wrong with them. Don't they have any humanity?

我完全同意。我真是搞不懂他们有什么毛病。他们一点人性都没有吗?

B:Well, maybe they've got a point. I mean, I suspect that they think the same about us.

哦,也许他们有他们的道理。我猜他们的想法就跟我们一样。

A:Yes, but that doesn't make them right, does it? Just because they think so?

是,不过这并不表示他们是对的。他们只因为想这么做,就可以这么做吗?

B:I guess not. My view is that we should give in to their demands, so that innocent people can stop getting killed.

当然不是。我的意思是,我们应该接受他们的要求,这样无辜的人就不会被杀了。

A:Come on, you can't be serious! We should never give in to terrorist's demands, otherwise where would we be?

拜托,你不是说真的吧?我们绝对不能接受恐怖分子的要求,否则我们怎么办?

B:Well, that's probably true, but I don't think we should be dogmatic about it. A colleague of mine was kidnapped once, so perhaps I have a different view of things.

嗯,这么说也许没错,不过我觉得我们不应该固执己见。我有一位同事被绑架过,所以我对于事情的看法可能不太一样。

A:Really? What happened?

真的吗?怎么回事?

B:Well, it was in the Balkans during the war. He was only held for three days, and then they simply released him. It was a case of mistaken identity, and they just let him go when they found out he was no use to them. It was lucky they didn't kill him.

嗯,那时候巴尔干半岛在打仗。他只被挟持了3天,然后就被释放了。他们认错了人,所以等他们发现他没什么用处时,就把他给放了。所幸他们没有杀了他。

A:Oh, sure.

噢,是啊。

推荐信息
Baidu
map