英语情景对话:奥普拉她非常的慷慨
2017-05-05来源:

A:have you read the feature article about Oprah Winfrey in this magazine?你看这本杂志里那篇关于奥普拉?温弗瑞的专访了吗?

B:no, what's it about?没看呢,说了什么?

A:apparently, she's being given an award for donating so much money to charity.她向慈善机构捐了巨额资金因此而获得了一个荣誉奖项.

B:she's very generous with her money. I think that's because she was poor when she was young.她非常慷慨.我想着可能是因为她 年轻的时候曾经很贫穷.

A:I heard that she's one of the wealthiest women in the world.我听说她现在已经是世界上最富有的女人之一了.

B:I'd believe it. She owns magazines, television shows and she has a huge fan base.我相信.她名下拥有很多杂志和电视节目,同时,她还有无数拥护者.

A:you know; I heard that she was opening a school for underprivileged girls in Africa.要知道,据说她还为非洲的贫困女童开办了学校.

B:did they mention that in the article?那专访里提到这个了吗?

A:yes, she's not only building the school, but is also using her own money for the upkeep of the school and to pay the teachers a fair salary.提了,她不仅办了学校,还自掏腰包支付学校老师不菲的薪水以及校舍维护的所有费用.

B:that's really commendable. I think more celebrities should use their money to help people like Oprah has.这真让人钦佩啊.我觉得名流们都应该像欧普拉这样把自己的钱用于帮助别人.

A:I agree. So many celebrities waste their money on sports cars, expensive clothing, and luxurious hotels.我同意.太多名人只是把钱挥霍在跑车,高档服装和豪华酒店上了.

B:it's amazing how much money they can spend. I heard Britney Spears once spent $24,000 a night on a hotel room!他们花出去的钱数非常惊人.我听说布兰妮斯皮尔斯曾经在一家酒店一晚上就花掉了24,000美元.

A:what a waste. It's good to see some stars that are more concerned with charity than status symbols.太浪费了.有些明星能够更关注慈善事业而不是自己的身份地位,这才让人欣慰.

推荐信息
Baidu
map