1. You’re singing off-key.
你跑调了。
►off-key 走调的,不和谐的,不协调的;不恰当的;不正常的;不规则的
2. You don’t think in situations.
紧急情况来不及考虑。
3. We don’t talk the same language.
我们观念不同。
►speak/talk the same language 有共同语言,有共同的观点和信仰;相处融洽
e.g. Do you think they speak the same language? 你认为他们有共同语言吗?
4. He’s back in the groove.
他恢复状态了。
►in the groove 情绪好,开心的;得心应手,处于最佳状态;流行的,时髦的
e.g. The band is really in the groove tonight. 乐队今晚演奏得精彩极了。
5. I was completely nonplussed by his reply.
他的回答令我无所适从。
6. I said “Good morning” but he cut me dead.
我向他打招呼可他没有理我。
►cut sb dead 假装没看见某人,不和某人打招呼
7. I’ll let you have it at cost.
我按成本价给你。
►at cost 按成本,照原价
8. This is a thankless job.
干这活费力不讨好。
9. We pay homage to you.
我们对你深表敬意。
10. She was just baiting you.
她只不过想气气你。